Don't get me wrong, I love my job but man do I need to reclaim my weekends. I already work 12-hour days plus marking at home during the week and, seriously, I cannot do this six days a week without burning out pretty soon. I'm already starting to feel the pressure and the stress and whilst that comes with the job, I need to be able to leave that at the door on Friday evenings to chill out, recover and regroup over the weekend ready to be the best teacher I can be for the kids on Monday morning. And right now, with things as they are, I can't imagine being the most amazing teacher tomorrow because the stress makes me feel like the teaching is the inconvenient bit between the paperwork and marking and that is not a good attitude to have.
So, as much as it sucks, I'll work all day today and get everything done for the week. Then, this week, I can get ready for next week and hopefully, reclaim my weekend.
Actually, I'm going to go and make plans for the entire of next weekend to make sure that I am too busy to do much work. If that doesn't give me a kick up the backside to get on with my work this weekend then I don't know what will.
Note to self (because I seem to have forgotten)
Weekends should involve...
- Lazy lie-ins on BOTH days;
- Yummy, indulgent breakfasts (I'm feeling the love for american-style pancakes);
- Seeing the boyfriend AND seeing my friends (not one or the other);
- A lazy nandos lunch;
- A cheeky bit of post-pay day shopping;
- Sitting, at some point, and just doing nothing;
- A long, indulgent bath with bubbles;
- Catching up with the family via phone/skype etc.
I can't fricking wait...
What would your ideal weekend involve?