And, in all honesty, I love it.
I love being on my own, being completely in charge of my own life and making decisions purely based on what I want. This may sound selfish and make me sound like a complete spoilt brat, but having to think of someone else first has pretty much ruined me over the last few weeks so perhaps, actually, having it all thrown back in my face in the way that it was simply was a lucky escape. Maybe it means that it's OK to think about myself for a while, to focus on what I want my life to look like and spend some time making sure I reach those goals. I've been able to do that this week and I can already see the rewards. I'm happier, less stressed and generally feeling more like my usual positive self>
So, to celebrate, I had a Single Saturday (which a few friends and I came up with to describe a completely self-indulgent day). I...
- Slept on my sofa so I could fall asleep watching telly (it's a comfort thing...);
- Had a lie in and then sat curled up in my duvet with a cup of tea watching Saturday Kitchen;
- Made a sausage sandwich for breakfast and sat with a pint of tea;
- Sat and read a trashy magazine;
- Spent over 2 hours online shopping;
- Made a lovely stew and baked a small cake just for myself;
- Listened to cheesy music and danced around the flat with my hoover;
- Watched crappy telly and aimlessly surfed the internet;
- Had a long bath with a hot-oil hair treatment and a face mask;
- Finally sat back in the same spot I have been in all day with a cup of hot chocolate and my duvet.
How have you spent your Saturday?