Wednesday 28 December 2011

The dreaded NYE kiss...

The dreaded kiss at midnight on New Years Eve, as the clock strikes twelve and we welcome in the new year... surely it only serves as a reminder that actually, you are going into this year completely on your own.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving being single. But not having someone, even a friend, to kiss as the year turns? That's plain sad, and to make it even worse, I will be the only single person at this party. All of my other girl friends are in relationships and are bringing their other halves along, and so are all the other guests. I will literally be sat there, on my own, without so much as a peck on the cheek to see in the new year.

This is the first time that I'm single for NYE and the first time I'm having plans which I am actually looking forward to but yet, I am beginning to wish that I weren't going. It never occurred to me that this was one of those "couples only" evenings, how stupid of me not to notice.

I feel your pain my little gummy friend :(

Plus, I think I'm passing into the third phase of my "stages of being single" plan and being at a party full of couples means no new people to meet so no chance of meeting anyone half decent. Which sucks, because I think I need to go through that pulling someone just to prove that I'm still desirable phase. A bit trashy, but true.

So all in all, the being single/new year's eve/couples only party combination could not have come at a worse time.

Damn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. That sounds awful. I'm sorry. Do you have another single girlfriend who could come with you? I had a similar situation last year, but went with a single gal and it was crazy fun!

Tom said...

NYE, the younger sibling to Valentines Day for single people!

Summer-Claire said...

justrealhappy - I now only have one single friend left and she's going out with her family for NYE. *cue Bridget Jones-esque singing*

Tom - So true! I didn't realise the world was so geared up for couples...

Anna said...

Oh! I'm going on a NYE celebration as the fifth wheel, and I didn't even think about that... How wierd is THAT going to look?? :)

Nagehan said...

This is the first time I won't be with my ex-husband in 7 years. We've dated for 4 years and we were married for 3. It's not about being around a lover on special days like this! It's about being around loved ones :) Cheers!!

Post a Comment

say hello :)