Wednesday 4 May 2011

Back to normality.

If you had asked me two months ago how I defined my life, I would have spent ages rambling on about how much I have to do, how busy I am and how much I freaking love it! So it even came as a bit of a surprise to me when I sat down to blog a few days ago and had to apologise for my boring life, so I decided I'd get up in the morning and force myself back into my old, productive and often manic habits. 48 hours later, I have a sore back, sore feet, aching stomach muscles and a brain that can barely form sentences but I have:

1) Finished my dissertation completely, all the stupid jobs done and it is printing as I type;
2) Had amazing fun at a Rainbow and Brownie Royal Wedding Party (I volunteer there, I'm not a randomer);
3) Made a remote control car (yes, I actually do that on my degree course);
4) Been to the gym for a good, 2-hour workout;
5) Made a dress for the weekend!

And actually I thought I had done more than that, but actually for 48 hours that isn't bad!

I'm probably more proud of the dress than the dissertation though, is that wrong? Basically, me and the girls are off out this weekend as Spice Girls and as the fastest-replying brunette I bagsied Posh Spice. Which I thought would be easy, she had a fairly easy style with lots of short dresses, but do I actually own a plain black one? Nope. So I embarked on making one out of an old one which I've had for 4 years and not worn since. It was only £10 from Matalan at the time so I reckon I've done quite well out of this dress, and actually, potentially improved it (given that I spent an hour fixing it before I started altering it!)

Before:


After:


I'm impressed with my efforts, the dress may even make another outing as something other than a costume, it's really nice and obviously fits really well. All in all, a productive day.

Now my brain is going a million miles an hour, I've been bouncing off the walls all day but I've gotten so much done that it just shows I really do work best like this and I need to keep myself busy in future or I'll end up going mad! So once my dissertation has finished printing (the printer ran out of ink so I drove to the 24 hour Tesco to buy another cartridge, then had to get petrol... it's been another productive 40 minutes) I shall hit the sack because I need to calm down now or I won't get any sleep and will be tired rather than productive in lessons.

Bed time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

say hello :)