Sunday 10 July 2011

My 9-year-old self would be so proud of me.

Tomorrow I start work at an actual school. As a teacher. As a paid, real teacher.

And I'm just ever-so-slightly excited...

It may be the single most exciting thing that has ever happened to me! Every single decision I have made in the last six years has been leading up to tomorrow, and tomorrow I get to become to person I have always dreamed of. When I was nine years old, I decided I wanted to become a teacher and if that little-me could see me now, she'd be so proud to see I achieved my absolute dream job. Although I doubt she'd be surprised, I've always had a severe determined streak to my personality. Generally what I want, I get. Not in a bad way, I just know what I want and never give up. It's one of the few personality traits I wouldn't change about myself because without it, I wouldn't be sat here today.

And even better, it will give me something to do to take the focus away from this strange delayed heartbreak I seem to be suffering two months after the break-up. No idea why it's hitting me now, but I won't dwell on it. Again.

So, back to the point of this post...

I FRICKING DID IT!

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

say hello :)