Tuesday 19 July 2011

An overdue update.

This last week at school has been more than busy! In fact, it has been borerline overwhelming at times and in our little group of new teachers we've had tears, tantrums, panic attacks... the lot. I can only hope September comes with much less of a shock as we start to settle in to school.

The school itself is lovely. All the staff are helpful, welcoming and always full of advice and tips, if only it were possible to remember everything we've been told. The ethos of the school and the teaching that results, however, is very different to what I'm used to but, at the end of the day, this is an 'outstanding' school for a reason and if it helps me tog row into the 'outstanding' teacher I want to be then all the better. Hopefully, within a few weeks, their way of doing things, their behaviour policies and timetabling will all become second nature and it will become easier. Or rather, I hope so because, if I show even a moment of weakness, my class will eat me alive.

And as for my new class, they will make or break me. And at the very least they will challenge me in every way possible: behaviour, academic, social issues, language, religion... all very different to what I am used to. Fingers crossed that by going in strict and military (quote from the current class teacher) in September, I can set the appropriate boundaries to be able to bring about the best learning.

Hopefully.

Meanwhile, this weekend was a big mistake. I don't want to talk about it because I don't want to think about it. I just want to pretend it never happened, to be quite honest. I knew it was going to be a bad idea before it happened, so why I didn't I stop it? Bloody stupid girl, getting in too deep as always. Note to self: always trust my gut instinct in future. It's always right.

And, as it turns out, I can't replace you. It is you I miss, not just having 'someone'.

I want a 'you' cuddle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

say hello :)