Saturday 11 June 2011

This is what Saturdays are for.

Lie in.

Going to the gym.

Shopping.

Baking/cooking.

Pyjamas.

TV.

A pile of magazines.

Falling asleep to a film.

Just perfect, even on my own.


I'm proud of myself for having learnt how to have free time on my own. I've always enjoyed my own company in small doses, but usually after a few hours I tend to find myself going over things in my head and working myself up to either being depressed, anxious or worried. Yet, this week I have spent probably 80% of my time on my own and shy of a few small examples of this, I have actually had a very nice, calming week. I'm caught up with everything, I'm relaxed, am able to relax more easily (which to me are two different achievements) and am generally feeling pleasantly content. I've picked up a few hobbies which were forgotten or pushed aside because studying and work came first, and am definitely enjoying my freedom.

Let's hope this lasts, as I sense it will be quite a quiet few months after the move!

Now write and post-date some Tasty Tuesday posts... I've done lots of baking in the last week and have a few to share with you all. If only I had my digital camera back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

say hello :)