Thursday 21 April 2011

Mistakes.

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself." Anon.

Mistakes other people make that I've learnt from:
    Shame
    Shame pic courtesy of flickr (it's hyperlinked)

  • Don't get stuck in a dead-end job and whinge about how dead-end it is. You're stuck in it because you can't be bothered to aspire to anything else. I thank my Mum for this one. 
  • Wait for your knight in shining armour, never settle for the guy in a tin foil hat. My Mum, again. 
  • Always read the bottle. My ex boyfriend learnt that... aftersun with 'tan enhancer' = orange fake tan. 
  • Always double check you have your keys before making a long journey home. Insert multiple references here. 
  • Don't spend money you don't have in the knowledge that 'oh it'll be paid off on pay day'. 
  • Always have insurance. This and the previous point are courtesy of my customers at work. 
  • Never refrain from breaking bad news to someone thinking that it will keep them from getting hurt. It won't, it will be worse in the end. I owe a friend this one. 
  • Don't assume you have all the time in the world. If you want to do it today, then do it. Life is sometimes brutally and unexpectedly short. A school peer taught me this. Rest in peace dickhead. 
  • Watch what you say, what you think is acceptable might be offensive to someone else. This is from a career-ending mistake a friend made. 
  • And watch what you say on facebook. This one gets a lot of people in trouble.
  • Always back up your dissertation. Poor Tom...

Thank you family and friends, I make enough of my own mistakes and without you all advising me based on your own errors I would make a lot more. I shudder to think the embarrassment you have saved me, you poor naive and daft lot. Love you all!

Does anyone else have any mistakes other people made that you in turn have learnt from?

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    say hello :)